Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thursday, February 28: Gasthaus Brauerei Sonne, Herrenzimmern

Yesterday: Hirschbrauerei Flözlingen



I just learned today that my cheap BW-ticket isn't valid until 9:00am, and there I was on the 8:38 train. Fortunately, I was almost at Singen when the conductor came through, and she didn't throw me off the train. I made my connection, and actually got on-schedule at Rottweil!



There's free Internet at the Hauptbahnhof bar in Rottweil, plus Paulaner Weissbier, with 50 minutes to kill! I didn't have time to edit and upload my blog entries, but I thought I might on the way back. And at least I can maybe figure out a schedule for tomorrow and Saturday.



Hauptbahnhof Bar, Rottweil


Hauptbahnhof Bar, Rottweil



More good news: my cheap train ticket also works on the Rottweil bus system. Knowing that yesterday would have saved me 3€.



Gasthaus-Brauerei Sonne doesn't open until 2:00pm, 2½ hours after I arrived. This is the one brewery on the trip that I didn't have the hours for, and this is the one brewery on the trip that isn't open.



Gasthaus Brauerei Sonne, Herrenzimmern
Gasthaus Brauerei Sonne, Herrenzimmern
Gasthaus Brauerei Sonne, Herrenzimmern


Gasthaus Brauerei Sonne, Herrenzimmern



I walked around the town looking for some beer, food, and "relief", but the only Gasthaus in town is closed on Thursdays.



I walked 4km to Bösingen, and got there a few minutes before noon.




View Larger Map

The first Gasthaus I came to had a sign in the window saying that they're on vacation until next week. The next (and only other) one I encountered doesn't open until 4:00pm.



So I walked part-way back to Herrenzimmern so I could pee in the Schwarzwald.



Walked back to Bösingen and caught a bus to Rottweil. Gasthaus Brauerei Sonne will have to wait until next time.



I plugged in at Hauptbahnhof for almost three hours and caught up some notes, then headed for Konstanz.



This trip was almost complete FAIL, but it happens at least once every trip, so I guess that's OK.



Paris and I had dinner at the Hexen Küche steakhouse, just a few blocks from the hotel. Their steaks are tasty, and the Teufelsoß they put on them is fantastic, and they serve Schwarzbier from Dinkel-Schwäben-Bräu.



Hexen Küche, Konstanz


Hexen Küche, Konstanz



Tomorrow: Ehingen/Donau

No comments: